Looking for a fun and easy recipe that will impress your friends and family? Look no further than these honey pot cake pops! This tutorial will show you how to make these adorable cake pops in just a few simple steps. Not only are they delicious, but they also look just like Winnie Pooh’s honey pot!
- – 1 box of cake mix (any flavor)
- – 1 can of frosting (any flavor)
- – ½ cup of honey
- – Yellow food coloring
- – Candy melts (any color)
- – Lollipop sticks
1. Begin by baking your cake according to the instructions on the box. Once it is finished baking, allow it to cool completely.
2. Crumble the cooled cake into a large bowl. Add in the frosting and honey, and mix everything together until it is well combined.
3. To get that perfect honey pot color, add a few drops of yellow food coloring to the mixture and stir until desired shade is achieved.
4. Now it’s time to start shaping your cake pops! Using a small ice cream scoop or your hands, form the cake mixture into small balls.
5. Place the cake balls on a baking sheet lined with wax paper and freeze for about 30 minutes.
6. While the cake balls are freezing, melt your candy melts according to the package instructions.
7. Once the cake balls are frozen and the candy melts are melted, it’s time to assemble! Dip the end of a lollipop stick into the melted candy and insert it into a cake ball. Be sure to only insert it about halfway so the cake pop will be easy to dip.
8. Next, dip the entire cake pop into the melted candy until it is completely coated. Allow any excess candy to drip off before placing the cake pop back on the wax paper.
9. Repeat this process until all cake pops are coated. If you want to get really creative, you can add sprinkles or other decorations to your honey pot cake pops before the candy melts set!
Nutrition In Honey Pot Cake Pops
-Cake: 200 calories
-Frosting: 120 calories
-Honey: 60 calories
Total Calories in one honey pot cake pop: 380
How Can We Make A Cake Mix For Honey Pot Cake Pops?
How to Make Honey Pot Cake Pops?
There are a few things you can do to make a cake mix more suitable for these cake pops. First, substitute the oil in the cake mix with an equal amount of melted butter. This will give the cake pops a richer flavor. You can also add an extra egg to the cake mix to make the cake pops more dense and moist. Finally, add ½ cup of honey to the cake mix before baking. This will give the cake pops a hint of sweetness and make them more sticky, which is perfect for dipping in candy melts!
How Long Can Store Honey Pot Cake Pops?
You can store honey pot cake pops in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days. If you want to keep them for longer, you can store them in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
Is There Any Machine For Honey Pot Cake Pops?
No, you don’t need a machine to make honey pot cake pops. All you need is a bowl and some kitchen utensils to mix everything together. However, if you want to make the dipping process easier, you can use a cake pop stand or something similar.
What Are Other Flavor Variations Of Honey Pot Cake Pops?
There are endless possibilities when it comes to flavor variations of honey pot cake pops! Some other popular flavors include chocolate, vanilla, strawberry, and lemon. You can also get creative with the decorations. For example, you could use white candy melts and rainbow sprinkles to make a “pot of gold” cake pop!
Can We Pack It For Travel?
Yes, you can pack honey pot cake pops for travel. Just be sure to store them in an airtight container so they don’t get squished. You can also put them in a cooler with ice packs if you’re going to be traveling for a long period of time.
What Is The Best Way To Serve Honey Pot Cake Pops?
Honey pot cake pops are best served at room temperature. If you refrigerate them, the candy coating will become hard and difficult to bite into.
What Are The Benefits Of Eating Honey Pot Cake Pops?
Honey pot cake pops are not only delicious but they’re also packed with nutrients that are beneficial for your health. The cake is a good source of carbohydrates, which give your body energy. Frosting and honey are both rich in antioxidants, which help protect your cells from damage. And candy melts contain essential vitamins and minerals that your body needs to function properly. So not only do honey pot cake pops taste great, but they’re also good for you!
Do I Have To Use Honey In The Recipe?
No, you don’t have to use honey in the recipe. If you’re not a fan of honey or if you’re allergic to it, you can substitute agave nectar or corn syrup.
Hamilton Beach 6-Speed Electric Hand Mixer
Hamilton Beach 6-Speed Electric Hand Mixer is helpful for mixing the honey cake pop ingredients evenly.
Wilton Recipe Right Non-Stick Mini Muffin Pans
The Wilton Recipe Right Non-Stick Mini Muffin Pans are perfect for baking honey cake pops. The non-stick surface makes them easy to release and clean.
Wilton Candy Melts, 12 oz
Wilton Candy Melts are essential for coating the cake pops. They come in a variety of colors so you can get creative with your decorating!
MR.FOAM Acrylic Lollipop Holder
The MR.FOAM Acrylic Lollipop Holder is a great stick that we can use for our cake pops. It’s also clear so we can see what color cake pops we have.
Silicone Petite Cake Mold (Winnie The Pooh)
Looking for something a little more unique? Check out our silicone petite cake mold! This mold is perfect for creating these Cake Pops that are shaped like Winnie the Pooh! The mold is made of food-grade silicone, so you can be sure that your cake pops will come out looking perfect every time. Plus, it’s dishwasher safe, so cleanup is a breeze. What You’ll
Need:- 1 petite cake mold- 1 (15 oz) box of yellow cake mix- ½ cup of honey- 1 tub of white frosting- 1 package of candy melts- 1 package of lollipop sticksInstructions:1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a large bowl, mix together the cake mix, honey, and eggs until well combined.
3. Pour the batter into the silicone mould, filling each cavity about ¾ of the way full.
4. Bake the cake pops for 15-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
5. Allow the cake pops to cool completely before decorating.6. Melt the candy melts according to package instructions.
7. Dip the end of a lollipop stick into the melted candy and insert it into the bottom of each cake pop.
8. Dip each cake pop into the melted candy, making sure to coat it completely.
9. Place the cake pops on a sheet of wax paper or a silicone mat to cool.
10. Once the candy coating has hardened, your cake pops are ready to enjoy
Making honey pot cake pops is a fun and easy way to impress your friends and family! With just a few simple ingredients and some time, you can create these adorable treats that are perfect for any occasion. So what are you waiting for? Get baking!
Q: Can I use a different flavor of cake or frosting?
A: Absolutely! Feel free to experiment with different flavors to find your perfect combination.
Q: My cake pops are falling off of the sticks. What can I do?
A: Make sure that you are only inserting the lollipop stick about halfway into the cake ball. If you insert it too far, it will be difficult to dip the cake pop and it will be more likely to fall off.
Q: The candy melts aren’t coating my cake pops evenly. What am I doing wrong?
A: Be sure to tap off any excess candy before placing the cake pop back on the wax paper. If there is too much candy, it will not coat evenly and will be difficult to work with.