If you’re looking for a delicious and decadent crab cake recipe, look no further than Ruth Chris Crab Cakes! Their crab cakes are some of the best in the business and perfect for any occasion. Whether you’re hosting a dinner party or want something unique, these crab cakes will satisfy your cravings!
What is Ruth Chris Crab Cake?
Ruth Chris Crab Cake is a classic crab cake recipe with fresh and delicious ingredients. It features succulent jumbo lump crab meat, buttery Ritz crackers, and flavorful herbs and spices. This combination creates an incredibly savoury and decadent dish that’s sure to be a hit at any gathering! The best part about these crab cakes is that they’re also straightforward. All you need is some quality ingredients and a few simple steps, and before you know it, your guests will be enjoying delicious Ruth Chris Crab Cakes!
Ruth Chris Crab Cake Recipe
2 pounds jumbo lump crab meat
2 cups Ritz crackers, crushed
One tablespoon of garlic powder
One teaspoon of onion powder
½ teaspoon black pepper
¼ cup parsley, minced
Two eggs, lightly beaten
¾ cup mayonnaise
¼ cup butter, melted
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Mix the crab meat, Ritz crackers, garlic powder, black pepper and onion paper in a large bowl until everything is well combined.
3. Add the parsley, eggs, mayonnaise and butter in the mixture and stir until everything is evenly combined.
4. Grease a baking sheet and shape the crab mixture into six equal-sized patties.
5. Place the patties onto the baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
6. Serve with your favourite side dishes, or enjoy them straight from the oven!
Helpful Tips on Making Ruth Chris Crab Cake:
– If you cannot access fresh crab meat, you can use canned or frozen instead.
– Make sure your Ritz crackers are finely crushed before adding them to the mixture – this will help keep the patties from crumbling apart while baking.
– For a twist on flavour, try adding some lemon zest or cayenne pepper to the mixture.
– If you want a crispier texture, brush each cake with melted butter before placing them in the oven.
– Make sure to cook your crab cakes until golden brown and cooked through. Overcooked crab cakes can be dry and chewy.
Things to Avoid When Making Ruth Chris Crab Cake:
– Avoid using too much mayonnaise in the mixture, as it can make the crab cakes greasy and heavy.
– Don’t use breadcrumbs instead of Ritz crackers – they won’t provide the same flavour or texture.
– Don’t overcook your crab cakes; bake them until golden brown for the best results.
– If you’re baking them in batches, don’t crowd the baking sheet – this can make them stick together and fall apart.
– Avoid adding too many herbs or spices to the mixture – they can overpower the flavour of the crab meat.
What Equipment Do You Need to Make Ruth Chris Crab Cake?
To make Ruth Chris Crab Cake, you’ll need a large mixing bowl, a baking sheet, and basic kitchen utensils. You may also want a small sieve or strainer to help separate the lump crab meat from any excess liquid. Additionally, an oven thermometer can help ensure your oven is at the correct temperature for baking crab cakes. Finally, be sure to have some butter and mayonnaise on hand for preparing the mixture. With these items, you can make some delicious Ruth Chris Crab Cakes!
Nutrition Facts of Ruth Chris Crab Cake:
One serving of Ruth Chris Crab Cake (about 3 ounces) contains approximately:
Calories – 270
Fat – 18g
Carbohydrates – 11g
Protein – 20g
Sodium – 540mg
Cholesterol – 260mg
Fibre – 0g
Vitamin A – 4% of the RDI
Vitamin C – 0% of the RDI
Calcium – 6% of the RDI
Iron – 10% of the RDI.
These values may vary slightly depending on the ingredients used and their brand or origin. Check the nutrition information on your ingredients before preparing Ruth Chris Crab Cake.
Where to Find Ruth Chris Crab Cake?
Ruth Chris Crab Cake can be found at Ruth Chris Steakhouse locations across the United States. The dish is also available for order online through their website or delivery service. Additionally, many copycat recipes are available from various cooking websites if you’d prefer to make them at home. No matter where you get your Crab Cake, one thing is certain – it’s sure to be delicious!
So there you have all the information you need to make your own Ruth Chris Crab Cake. With just a few simple ingredients and equipment, you’ll be able to enjoy this tasty dish in no time.
Can we take it as a snack?
Yes, Ruth Chris Crab Cake makes an excellent snack. It is light and flavorful, so it won’t weigh you down or fill you up too quickly. It also contains a good amount of protein and healthy fats to help keep your energy levels up throughout the day. Plus, it’s easy to make in batches and store for later!
The main disadvantage of Ruth Chris Crab Cake is that it can be high in calories, fat and sodium. The combination of mayonnaise, butter, and Ritz crackers adds a lot of calories to the dish. It also contains a large amount of saturated fat, which should be limited for overall health. Additionally, the sodium content can be high, so it is essential to monitor your intake if you have high blood pressure. Lastly, crab meat is expensive and may not fit everyone’s budget.
Overall, Ruth Chris Crab Cake makes a delicious snack or meal. However, it should be enjoyed in moderation due to its high fat and sodium content.
Ruth Chris Crab Cake is a delicious and easy way to enjoy the flavours of seafood. You can quickly whip up this tasty dish with just a few simple steps. Enjoy!
Author’s Note: If you want to change the crab cake recipe, add your favourite herbs, spices or other ingredients. Enjoy experimenting and creating your unique flavour combinations! Happy cooking!
Q: How long does it take to make Ruth Chris Crab Cake?
A: It typically takes about 30 minutes, depending on the size and number of cakes you make.
Q: Can I freeze Ruth Chris Crab Cake?
A: If appropriately cooked and stored in an airtight container, they can be frozen for up to two months.
Q: Is Ruth Chris Crab Cake healthy?
A: It can be! This dish is high in protein and low in carbohydrates to fit into a balanced diet. However, be aware that crab cake contains some saturated fat, so moderation is key when eating this dish.
Q: What is the perfect way to cook Ruth Chris Crab Cake?
A: The best way to cook these crab cakes is to bake them in an oven until golden brown. This will help ensure the patties stay together and get a nice crisp outside. Avoid overcooking, or they may become dry.